Call/Text: (551) 486-8514
Custom Built Electric Guitars
At Ivory Lutherie I blend the use of classic electric guitar body styles with tried and true construction techniques along with a mix of popular wood species (Mahogany, Maple, Ebony, Rosewood, etc) . For custom built guitars, I engage the customer via choice of body shape, tonewoods, binding\purfling styles, rosette style, pearl neck inlays, and finish. All necks are hand carved with standard profiles available but these profiles can be adjusted to suit a customers needs.
Current Standard body styles
The TC: A guitar reminiscient of the Mahogany with Maple cap design made famous by the folks in Kalamazoo\Nashville. The TomCaster (TC) advances this standard by reducing the body size and employing chambers in the body to reduce weight,
Standard features of the TC:
- Carved AAAA Flamed or Quilted Maple top cap
- Honduran Mahogany, Swamp Ash, or Korina body
- Single piece Honduran Mahogany or Korina neck with double action truss rod.
- Indian Rosewood or Macassar Ebony fretboard with 22 Dunlop 6150 jumbo frets, 24.562" scale. Other fretwire size available.
- Ivoroid binding on body face\back, neck, and headstock. Other binding types available.
- Master Voume\Tone controls using CTS pots and Sprague Orange Drop capacitors. Three way Switchcraft selector switch.
- Dual humbucker design. Customers choice of pickups although price varies with manufacturer\models selected.
- Driskill wrap around bridge
- Sperzel 3x3 tuners in satin or polished chrome. Locking version available.
- Includes Cedar Creek or similar custom arched case with plush velour interior.